Braemar local history group
Braemar Local History Group (BLHG) was formed at the beginning of 2010, fulfilling an ambition of a local Braemar resident, Mr Neil Bain, who believes that much local knowledge is in danger of being lost. He is of the opinion of great local stories being locked up in people's memories and not being written down or recorded for future generations; hence the formation of the BLHG.
Objectives of the group are as follows:-
- To research, record, archive and share the history of Braemar.
- To provide a forum for interested people to meet and share their knowledge of the history of the area.
- To organise and run events to promote an interest in the history of the area.
- To establish active links with other history groups.
- To establish active links with other relevant local groups.
Membership of the Group is open to people of all ages with an interest in the history of Braemar and the surrounding area.
Meetings of the Group will normally be held on the third Sunday of each month, from September to November and from January to April inclusive.